Monday, April 25, 2011

The Dawn of a New Age

Today, I have read an interview between two mangakas: Ken Akamatsu and Kentaro Takekuma.

http://2chan.us/wordpress/2011/04/17/article-translation-the-exhaustive-debate-between-kentaro-takekuma-x-ken-akamatsu-%e2%80%9cthe-role-manga-editors-should-take-in-the-e-publishing-era%e2%80%9d-part-1/

It is divided into 5 parts and it is a conversation about the future of the manga industry, well comics in general with the coming of the technological age. This is much like conversations I have had with my rival, Contreras, creator of BLADE OF THE FREAK.

My father always asks me what i want to do with my future and I always reply, make manga and then he asks, "how?"

My plan was to keep practicing and coming up with a good story that I enjoy and one day start serializing it on paper while being a teacher (unless I start making more money making manga, lol). But with the internet becoming more of a resource, especially for comics, with people reading manga online instead of buying it, which I also guilty of, lol.

As of now, my plan in a couple of years is to start serializing SPOON online and have people pay a dollar a month and then publish chapters into volumes and perhaps collaborate with other mangakas on the site. Me and Contreras both are on board with this idea and will start having a podcast, lol. So this is my idea for the future and I hope all of you will support me, especially since I feel the power! haha.

-YOONICORN-

No comments:

Post a Comment