Friday, September 11, 2009

Inspiration

Hi,

School has been busy lately so I haven't been able to draw as much unfortunately. But I still try to read as much manga or comics as possible.

It's weird though because back in high school, I use to draw so much, an extreme amount I must say. I remember doodling in class all the time because I knew a lot of the material, so I just spent the entire period drawing on my manga. Back then, I LOVED Dragonball, I worshipped it and it definitely influenced my style as my current style still somewhat resembles it. I do hope to one say meet the creator of Dragonball, but for now, it is only a dream.

The flame of drawing started to dwindle in college as I became more distracted with friends, schoolwork, and of course, partying, haha. But when the light of inspiration strikes, I feel unstoppable, in fact, I started to focus more on the storytelling aspect of the comic than just the drawing. In fact, here is a link to one of my favorite amateur comics:

http://bladeofthefreak.smackjeeves.com/

Whenever I need inspiration to draw, I look at his comic. Inspirations are a wonderful thing, especially this blog. After watching "Julie & Julia", I became inspired to make this blog hoping I will get noticed. Those of you who have not seen it, I recommend it, haha.

Well that's it, for now, I will probably start posting up pictures of my manga soon! So stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. hey its good to know my comic inpires somebody :D I'll keep track of this blog

    the comics that inspire me the most are Yu Yu Hakusho and Hunter X Hunter, whenever I read those comics I feel like drawing, also One Piece, specially looking the covers of the volumes, and the films of Tarantino

    ReplyDelete